Easy methods to Repair the Spotify Code 4 Connection Error in Home windows 10 & 11
Spotify is among the greatest Home windows apps for streaming and downloading music. Nonetheless, some Spotify customers can’t stream and obtain music with that app due to error code 4. Error code 4 is a Spotify connectivity concern with a message that claims, “No web connection detected.” But, customers can often nonetheless open and examine web sites when that concern arises.
Customers who want to repair error code 4 can’t make the most of the Spotify app on-line. Which means issues like radio and streaming don’t work. That is how one can repair Spotify error code 4 on a Home windows 10 or 11 PC.
1. Run the Flush DNS Command
One confirmed answer for error code 4 is to flush the DNS cache. The DNS (Area Identify System) cache is an area storage repository of IP addresses in your PC. Your net browser retrieves DNS lookup knowledge from that cache.
Clearing the DNS cache will flush out and refresh its knowledge. You possibly can clear the DNS cache by working a flush DNS command in Command Immediate or Run. Try our information about the way to flush the DNS on Home windows for additional particulars about the way to apply this answer.
2. Choose the HTTP Possibility in Spotify
Spotify contains different proxy settings you may choose to configure how that app connects with the Web. Altering the proxy choice to HTTP can seemingly resolve error code 4. You possibly can choose the HTTP choice in Spotify as follows:
- Open your Spotify app.
- Click on the username button on the prime of Spotify to view its menu.
- Choose Settings to view Spotify’s choices.
- Click on the Proxy sort drop-down menu to pick HTTP.
- Then choose Restart App to use.
3. Change DNS Server Settings
Error code 4 typically happens as a result of Spotify can’t acknowledge your PC’s default DNS server set by your ISP. In such a state of affairs, the app can’t load required on-line sources appropriately, leading to error 4. Many customers have addressed that concern by altering their PCs’ DNS server to the universally acknowledged Google DNS.
Our information to altering the DNS server in Home windows publish contains step-by-step pointers for the way to apply this answer through the Management Panel and Settings amongst different strategies. You’ll must set the popular and different DNS server settings to Google addresses. Enter 220.127.116.11 for the popular DNS server and 18.104.22.168 for the choice DNS setting.
4. Tweak the Registry
Some Spotify customers have confirmed tweaking a DWORD worth within the registry resolved error 4 for them. These customers modified the EnableActiveProbing DWORD’s worth, which was set to 0 (disabled) on their PCs. These are the steps for fixing error code 4 by modifying the registry:
- Press the search field’s Win + S hotkey.
- To find the Registry Editor, enter regedit contained in the Sort right here to go looking field.
- Choose Registry Editor contained in the search instrument.
- Subsequent, click on inside the handle bar on the prime of Registry Editor to clear the present location in it.
- Go to the Web key by inputting the next path:
- Then right-click the EnableActiveProbing DWORD and choose Modify.
- If EnableActiveProbing is about to 0, clear the Worth knowledge field. Then enter 1 inside that knowledge field.
- Choose OK to save lots of the brand new EnableActiveProbing worth.
5. Exclude Spotify From Your Antivirus Software program
You would possibly want to repair error code 4 due to antivirus software program interference with the Spotify app. Each third-party antivirus apps and Home windows Safety can feasibly block Spotify’s web connectivity. You possibly can choose to exclude Spotify from antivirus safety by including it to an exception (trusted software program) record most safety apps embrace.
Our article about setting Home windows Safety exclusions contains directions for including software program to that app’s exception record. In case you’re using a third-party antivirus instrument, search for an exclusion record inside its settings tab. The antivirus software program’s web site may also doubtless embrace pointers for the way to use its exclusion record.
6. Flip Off the Home windows Defender Firewall
Home windows Defender Firewall is a element of Home windows Safety for filtering community site visitors. Turning that firewall off might resolve error 4 if Spotify isn’t allowed via it. You possibly can flip off WDF as outlined in our information to disabling the Home windows Defender firewall.
Ought to this answer work, it’s not a good suggestion to maintain the firewall disabled. Open Home windows Defender Firewall’s allowed app record and choose the Spotify checkboxes there to allow that app via it. Try our the way to information about permitting apps via the Home windows firewall for additional particulars.
In fact, quite a few standalone third-party firewalls can block Spotify a lot the identical. When you have put in a third-party firewall, strive disabling it to see if that resolves error 4. Then add Spotify to its allowed apps and switch the firewall again on if it does.
7. Reinstall Spotify
Reinstalling Spotify might resolve unknown causes for error code 4 arising and can no less than make sure you’re utilizing the most recent app model. Nonetheless, notice that reinstalling the app will wipe your Spotify playlists. Again up (export) any playlists you want to hold so you may restore them. Then reinstall Spotify with the next steps:
- Press the Begin menu button and choose All apps (in Home windows 11).
- Scroll all the way down to the Spotify app on the Begin menu.
- Proper-click Spotify and choose Uninstall.
- In case you’ve put in the desktop Spotify app, Applications and Options will open from which you’ll be able to choose the software program and click on Uninstall. Customers who’ve put in the UWP Spotify app can choose Uninstall on a affirmation immediate.
- Then open the Spotify Home windows obtain web page.
- Click on Obtain to get the installer for the desktop Spotify app.
- Open the Explorer file supervisor together with the folder during which Spotify downloaded.
- Double-click the SpotifySetup.exe file to convey up the setup wizard and set up Spotify.
An alternative choice is to put in the Spotify UWP (Common Home windows Platform) app on Microsoft Retailer. Click on the Get it From Microsoft Retailer button on the linked Spotify obtain web page to convey up that app’s MS retailer web page. Then click on the Get in Retailer app > Open Microsoft Retailer choices and choose Get to put in the UWP app.
Get pleasure from Spotify Music On-line Once more
There’s an excellent probability no less than one Home windows troubleshooting methodology on this information will resolve Spotify error code 4 in your PC. They’re user-confirmed fixes that handle the commonest causes for error 4 arising. With that app connection concern sorted, you may then take pleasure in all one of the best on-line music and radio Spotify has to supply once more.